Eastbourne Rainbow Meeting Wednesday 27th March 2013
1. Welcome and thank you for coming along to our March meeting.
2. At our next meeting in April, Paul Blagbrough, the Strategic Development Manager here at AGE Concern will be coming along to talk about what services and activities people would like to see in the future and to ask for your thoughts and opinions.
So between now and the next meeting have a think about how you would like AGE Concern to develop.
3. Some of you may remember Lill-Ann giving a talk about her “Gay Kids” Childhood Remembered project last year.
On the 4th April 7.00pm at the Towner Art Gallery there is going to be “The Story So Far,” an informal evening about the photographs collected and oral histories from more than 50 people.
If you have photographs of yourself when young and would like to take part in the project Chris, Ken or myself can give you further details.
4. We will be organising a trip to the Congress Theatre to see “The Mousetrap” on Thursday the 12th September, either the matinee or evening performance. If you are interested in coming along let us know by the April meeting.
Ticket prices are £25.50 for those under 60 and £23.50 for those over 60.
5. In the Under Ground Theatre foyer from the 5th to the 27th April open Fridays and Saturdays 10am to 4pm there is a free photographic exhibition of rock and pop stars of the sixties. Admission is free and refreshments are available.
6. If you would like to sponsor us for the Stonewall Walk in May let us know.
The money raised will help to create a new film for primary schools. The DVD will convey ideas of diversity, difference and respect to children, parents and teachers to help overcome homophobic bullying in schools.
7. A reminder that tea and coffee will be £1 starting from the April meeting.